Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Check out this amazing piece of writing by Addyson!

I begin to shake like thunder. I hear a voice inside my head saying, “you can do it!” in an encouraging way. My friends and family are staring at me. Then I hear, “on your marks, get set, go!” in a loud voice. I start to sprint over the starting line. I can feel my knees shaking and my legs feel numb. I feel like I am going to fall. My friends and family are cheering. I can’t take it any more. It’s the hardest thing I have ever done. I can feel the sweat running down my face. I do not  know what to do. I feel like I may give up but instead I keep sprinting and sprinting. I feel like tipping a bucket of cold water over myself. It is like a nightmare but instead of night it’s day. Then I see the finish line, I start to go faster. I feel like I have had a brick dropped on my feet. I keep puffing and puffing like I am the wolf blowing the three pig’s house down. When I cross the finish line I fall to the ground like rain pouring down. My throat feels rusty so I get a big drink of cold water. I feel like a hot mess.

By Addyson

4 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful piece of writing Addyson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Addyson you did good how long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora a hoa Allyson, my name is Greg and I attend Sockburn School. I have read your piece of writing and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your introduction to the story has captivated me, it reminded me of great writers such as Roald Dahl. Though, as great as the story is, certain words are present tense instead of past tense and some words need capital letters… Other than that, great story. If you would like to visit it, my blog can be accessed using http://spsgregoryd.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete